What is the Canvas Calendar? - Students
The Calendar is located on the left-side of the page on the Global Navigation. All current course calendars can be accessed and managed from a single page. You can choose to look at the entries for up to 10 calendars at once, or filter to view select calendars. In addition to your course calendars, you have access to a personal calendar.
In this video you'll learn how to keep track of important events and assignments.
The Calendar has so many benefits and uses. Check them out below!
Choose what you see: Courses can be enabled/disabled in the Calendar view
- Different views: User can choose month, week, or agenda view
- Icons are clear: Assessments, when assigned, will appear on calendar with an icon representing which assessment type it is (Assignment, Discussion or Quiz)
- Upon student submission: Items will cross off on the student calendar
- Events can also be added: They appear with the calendar icon
Here are some additional ways users can make the Calendar work for them:
- The Scheduler tool is a way to allow students to sign up for appointment slots
- Calendar can be synched to another calendaring software using the iCal calendar feed link
Need more information? Check out these Canvas Guides:
- How do I use the Calendar as a student?
- How do I filter the Calendar view by course as a student?
- How do I view the Calendar iCal feed to subscribe to an external calendar as a student?
- How do I add an event to my calendar as a student?
- How do I add a to-do item in the Calendar as a student?
- How do I add and duplicate an event in the Calendar as a student?
- How do I view a group calendar?
- How do I subscribe to the Calendar feed using Outlook as a student?
- How do I subscribe to the Calendar feed using Google Calendar as a student?
- How do I sign up for a Scheduler appointment in the Calendar?